Sunday 10 August 2008

Volvo's in Finland

Just got back from 10 days in Finland. Unfortunately the rental car wasn't an XC70, or any Volvo for that matter. The budget only stretched to a Nissan Note.. which isn't an exceptional car, other than having an incredibly small fuel tank. I guess it is one of the new breed of small, light economy focused cars - it did do nearly 50 to the gallon, but when it only has a 40litre tank - and distances in Finland are pretty huge - and petrol stations far apart.. I did get quite worried at one point I would be having a long walk through the forest.

Anyway - spotted quite a few new V70's during the trip, and one XC70, which I got a picture of and will post soon. The XC70 was a metallic red, towing and also with a nice colour coded roof box as far as I recall. However all of the models I saw had the smaller wheels on. The XC70 looked rather strange on the smaller wheels, like a regular estate car. I saw quite a few of the older XC70 Cross Country Volvo's. Finland has far far fewer cars than the UK, but I saw as many Volvo's there in a week as I see in a month. Obviously very keen on the Swedish brand, despite the rivalry that can exist between the countries.

No comments: