Sunday 24 August 2008

Panel Fit

The quality of some features on the car is perhaps the most disappointing aspect of my ownership experience. I just started to notice that the panel fit on the bumpers isn't identical from side to side. When I was filling the car up with diesel, I noticed there was a ridge between the bumper and the rear wing. Nothing big, but a definite ridge. However on the other side, there is no ridge. Similarly, when I was checking the tyre pressures, I noticed that the front bumper panel was slightly proud of the front wing. Again nothing big, but a defect none the less.

Activity this week, well the car went past 20,000 miles. Put the tyre pressures from 2.4 bar to 2.6 bar. I suspect the garage had reduced the pressure when they move the wheels around. 2.6 bar is the eco setting in the manual. Average fuel consumption in the past 1000miles had been stuck around 35mpg.

I am interested to hear from people with the same car, if they are getting worse or better fuel consumption. However I suspect most people will have the automatic, so it won't be truly comparable.

No comments: