Sunday 11 May 2008

Safety Information on Dashboard of XC70

Found a strange situation yesterday.

Children got into the back seats.. and the right hand side LCD display on the dashboard gives a message that both rear seat belts have been activated. I am not sure why I need to know this, surely it should tell me if they were not activated? Anyway, the message remains on the screen. Now it's a bright sunny day, and I don't notice anything else - but my wife mentions that the interior light is still on.. well I thought it was still on the timer.. but it remains lit. No other information is being provided by the car. I then cancel the seat belt message - and then pops up a message that a door is open at the back. Obviously it was not fully open, just not properly shut. So this is a bit of flaw in the safety of the car - you could drive off not knowing the door is open - simply because the seat belt message takes precident over the door message. How ridiculous is that !

No comments: