Sunday 4 May 2008

Fuel Consumption Update on volvo XC70

Mileage is now close to 12,000 in my Volvo XC70 D5 Sport - currently averaging more than 2000 miles per month.

The fuel consumption is getting slightly better as the engine gets older. The best I can get on a long motorway run is very close to 40mpg.. previously this type of run when the car was new was around 38mpg. Similarly the general driving around consumption - has gone from around 33mpg to 35mpg. It's good to see this improvement - but it's still not as good as I had hoped.

I continue to run the tyres with 2.7 bar pressure.

Next time around - I am seriously considering something like the BMW 5 series with a 2.0D engine. The power is very similar to the volvo, but the overall consumption is a lot better and therefore a big difference in taxation from the benefit in kind.

No comments: