Wednesday 9 January 2008

Dealer Frustration with Volvo XC70

Well prehaps my first really negative post about this car.

My impressions of the local dealership hadn't been that great.. nice enough people, but I wondered about the attitude and capability. Today they demonstrated what I was sensing.

The car was supposed to be there for 1hour for the CD player changing, as it was faulty.

This was done.

However - the software of the sound system would not reload. Resulting in almost total loss of the sound system in the car and associated devices.

So when the car arrived.

Sound system worked apart from the CD player.

Now the CD player still does not work, the Radio does not work, the phone does not work, the parking sensors also don't work. (But the iPod does.. if you can understand that !!).

The dealer apologised of course.. but the excuse was a lame one. It is a new model car and we don't have the experience with it. They then said they had to download software from Sweden but they couldn't manage this either.. somebody in Sweden was asleep, I don't know.

However net result, I had to drive away and make an appointment for another visit.

What was dangerous was that they had wiped the seat and mirror position memory.. and didn't tell me the parking sensors were out. So when reversing I was close to hitting something.

Also they wiped the entire contents of the navigation system, so all of the stored locations has gone.

Not a great start to Volvo ownership.

No comments: