Tuesday 25 December 2007

VOLVO XC70 AUDIO ISSUE CD Player

Well I suppose I had to find at least one fault with the car.

Until today, I have been using the radio and the iPod as the music source in the car, and these have been fine.

However today the family was in the car, and one of the children wanted to play a CD they had been given for Christmas. So simple task, press the CD button on the dash and load the CD. BUT - the CD wouldn't load into the player. The slot didn't want to grab the disc - so you ended up pushing it harder only to hear a grinding noise !! Pressing the eject button didn't do anything either.. I tried several times, I read the manual, I gave the task to other people - and we all failed to get the CD to load into the slot.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a pre-delivery inspection needed for the CD player and that there maybe is a piece from the factory still inside the CD player - which the dealer didn't remove. However right now.. we are without a CD player.. and not very happy kids.

A bit of a shame such an expensive car doesn't have a comprehensive delivery inspection - because clearly this is a fault from the factory - it is the first time the CD has been used so it could have been spotted before the car was delivered to me.

It is now going to take a call to the dealer, arrange for a pick up and get it fixed.. all because they didn't check it worked before leaving the dealer ship.

I really hope this is the only minor problem we will face with the car.

No comments: