Sunday 16 December 2007

VOLVO XC70 2008 D5 Sport - Ventilated Seats

The weather today was pretty cold.. hovering around freezing all day.

The car had been parked outside, so with the leather seats, the heated function is a must.

They seem to take longer to heat up than I remember from other cars with heated seats - however the last car I had with them - an Audi A4 - was only used in spring and summer so I never got to try in winter.

Anyway - once hot, the seats warm nicely - seem to be heated on the base and back of the seats.

However - during the journey home - having switched off the heating more than an hour before, I actually felt hot in the seat - but didn't want to turn the cabin temperature down. So I tried the ventilated seats for the first time.

I was a bit surprised - the effect was quite powerful and cooling. With the cabin temp set at 22Centigrade.. the cooling feeling was good. I can imagine in summer this is going to be an excellent feature.

No comments: