Saturday 7 June 2008

Emergency Stop - Hazard Warning Lights

One of the features on this car is to flash the hazard warning lights in the event of an emergency braking - sort of makes sense I suppose.

However - so far I have never managed to activate this feature in the correct scenario - so when braking heavily on the motorway for an incident.. they didn't flash.. so obviously not braking hard enough.

But then - I have managed to activate the lights in what I would consider normal driving. The first time it was when I missed a braking point for a turning I wanted to make - so since nothing was behind me.. it was 5:30am - I hit the brake pedal pretty hard.. but not ABS hard.. and suddenly the hazard warning came on. Fair enough, it was quite aggressive braking.. but not what I was thinking was an emergency stop.

The more recent time was really strange. I was coming towards a T - junction and again was needing to brake reasonably hard to slow down the car - but well within the cars capability and road conditions. I then heard the turning signal and thought I had caught the stick - then realised the hazard lights had come on. This was incredible?.. so what level of deceleration is required to make the emergency stop... well it is not clear to me.

No comments: